Reducing medication errors and transitions of care.
· Potentially inappropriate prescribing is associated with increased risk of adverse events such as hospitalisation.
· Potentially inappropriate prescribing is particularly problematic when patients are discharged from hospital.
· Further research is required to identify how best to engage patients and support transitions of care.
CommentsThis is a pre-copyedited, author-produced version of an article accepted for publication in Age and Ageing following peer review. The version of record [insert complete citation information here] is available online at: https://academic.oup.com/ageing/article/49/4/537/5848669 https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afaa065
Published CitationCardwell K. Reducing medication errors and transitions of care. Age and Ageing. 2020;49(4):537-539.
Publication Date30 May 2020
- General Practice
- HRB Centre for Primary Care Research
- Population Health and Health Services
PublisherOxford University Press (OUP)
- Accepted Version (Postprint)